Friday, March 11, 2016

My Lobster.

My love. My best friend. My husband.


The amount of hard work, dedication, and heart this man has is unbelievable. No matter what he does, he succeeds. On the off chance something goes wrong, he finds the positive. Or...he'll say something along the lines of, "It doesn't matter if you fail, what matters is you tried and did your best." Or..."Sometimes failing IS succeeding." Something like that. I just made those quotes up, but he is the type to just see the good in everything. A real optimistic. Weirdo.

I chose to write about my husband today because he was promoted and today was his ceremony. A small ceremony with some good Kansas BBQ. After he was pinned, he gave his own speech. He actually thanked me! He always forgets me for some reason. Seriously.

Anyways, he gave this speech about potential. How his dad saw potential in him, how I saw(and still see) potential in him, how the Army sees potential in him. How all these people saw potential in him to keep him around and just do what he does. Because he does great things. And people can see it before he does it.

If you ask him to do something, it will get done...and in a perfectionist, A-type, maybe definitely an Excel worksheet sort of way. Because that is Jason. He does his best and if he doesn't know how to do something he will figure it out.

Future success is inevitable for him. He is already achieving as a husband, a dad, and a Soldier. Not only did I see potential future with him when he was just a cute boy in my volleyball class, I continue to see potential in him everyday. His speech hit the nail on the head.

So thank you, Jason. For being you. For allowing us to see potential and you following through in the best ways possible. You are truly one of a kind and I can't believe you are mine.

Congrats on your promotion. We are all so "Major-ly" proud of you.




2 comments:

  1. ♡ Congrats Jason! Also, congrats to you, Jennifer, for being a stand up role model of what a true military wife and mother are meant to be! Love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete