Sunday, January 20, 2013

Oreo Candy Bark

One thing I love is Oreos. If you don't love them get off my blog right now...we can't be friends. Just kidding (kind of). Anyways, I am going to a meeting/get together and needed to bring a snack. I was deciding whether or not to bring something sweet or actual food. I went with sweet. Oreo bark was the decision.

It's really easy too. All you need is Oreos and white chocolate. And it's a no baking type of treat.

What you need:
1. Oreos-15, plus 1 for good luck.
2. White chocolate- 10oz.
3. Wax or parchment paper.
4. 8X8 dish.
5. Coffee to enjoy while making (optional).

Step 1: Put your oreos in a bowl and get ready to smash!

 Step 2: SMASH THEM!! I used the end of a wooden spoon.

Step 3: Put chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments until melted, stirring in between times. (took 3 times)


Step 4: Line your 8X8 dish with wax paper.

Step 5: Stir in Oreos with chocolate. Leave about 4TBSP to top bark with.
*If you don't top/sprinkle with extra, the bark looks grey and not as appetizing.

Step 6: Pour mixture into lined dish. Smooth with spatula to cover entire bottom of dish.

Step 7: Sprinkle the leftover Oreos. I gently pressed them into the mixture to set them a little more.

Step 8: Cool for 15 minutes.
Step 9: Lift bark out of dish and lay flat.

Step 10: Using your hands, fork, or knife break in tiny pieces. You can determine the size you want to make them, but I was told by my husband to make smaller pieces. They are pretty sweet (husband's reason for small pieces). Smaller pieces are easier to eat (my reason for small pieces).

All done! 10 easy steps and a sweet treat is ready to take wherever you need to go. Take them that day or the day after or you may not have any to bring...just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment