Last night we had tilapia with pesto. It is easy, fast, and healthy for ya! We have this meal a lot because of those reasons, especially with Nathan around I need quick meals. As side dishes we had sliced tomatoes and asparagus.
What you need:
Tilapia: 1 or 2 per person depending on the size of fish you have and/or the hunger level.
Pesto: Homemade if you have the ingredients and time, but we bought ours. You need about a tablespoon for each piece of fish.
Tomatoes: 1 per person
Asparagus: 1-2 cans depending on how many people are eating. 2 people need 1 can.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line cookie sheet with foil.
3. Place thawed tilapia filets on foil lined cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly flaky.
*Notice I didn't put any salt, pepper, or any other seasoning on the fish. The pesto is strong so you won't need anything else.
5. Heat up asparagus and cut tomatoes.
6. Put tilapia on plate and top with tablespoon of pesto.
7. Plate the veggies and enjoy!
Obviously it would be better if we had fresh asparagus, but it is hard to find fresh veggies in the winter. You could substitute either of my sides for your favorite veggies. Homemade pesto would also be healthier, but we took the easy and cheap route.
Who doesn't like a cheap and easy meal with a health bonus? Now if you could just get your kids to eat it...Good luck!