Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I miss GA.

I didn't think I would actually miss Midway, Georgia. But I do. I miss my friends from there the most. We would have lunch, go shopping, workout, go to Zumba parties, go out downtown. Those were some of the best memories I have had since moving from California. Georgia has been the first place since moving I would call "home".

I had leave our house, friends, work, and school. In the military it is inevitable you will move. I get it. And I need to get over it. But it is hard. I keep comparing IA to GA and GA is better so far.

It's silly random stuff I miss, too. The weather. The school I interned at right down the street. The deer in our backyard. My walk-in closet. A good mall. Military functions. Book club.

I'm not sure why I am missing it so much right now. Maybe it's because I haven't made any good friends yet. Maybe it's because I still don't know if we are moving this year or next. Maybe it's because we are renting and after owning a house this house doesn't feel like home. It's probably a combination.

Adjusting to a new place is usually pretty easy for me. I'm okay here, but I am starting to think of when the next move is going to be. The cold here is not helping. I want warmth.

Thanks for listening to my little whine session. Too bad I don't have any actual wine to go with it. Boo. And to my friends in other states...please don't be offended by this post, I miss you, too!


1 comment:

  1. Aww My Jenny K!!! This brought tears to my eyes...I miss you so much too. More than you know! Nay Nay is going to be a teenager by May. Hang in there, you're a trooper.

    ReplyDelete