Friday, November 2, 2012

Hospital Bag is Packed!

11 days until my due date!! I think he will be late, but I still want to be ready. I've asked many people want the essentials were to have in the diaper bag, what I need, and what Jason would need when we head to the hospital. There was a lot of answers and opinions...which I expected. I took every one's advice and got to packing.

What is in Nathan's diaper bag?
1. Diapers: I know the hospital has diapers, but we are using cloth and I really want to start in the hospital if possible. Crossing my fingers they fit the lil' guy.
2. Going home outfit: onesie, pants, socks, mittens, beanie
3. Two extra outfits: for pictures and in case going home outfit is too small (pants, socks, mittens, beanies)
4: Three sleepers
5. One jacket
6. Extra onesies
7. Baby Ugg (fake) boots
8. One receiving blanket
9. Scarf: because it's cold and for pictures
10: Two pacifiers

I'm sure this is way too much, but it fits all in the diaper bag.
Organized to make sure I have everything.


What is in mommy and daddy's bag?
Dad's stuff:
1. Pajamas
2. Pair of pants
3. Pair of shorts
4. Two shirts
5. Two pairs of socks and boxers
Mom's stuff:
1. Going home outfit: yoga pants, tank top, cardigan, jacket
2. Two pairs of comfy socks
3. Undies: will probably use the mesh ones I keep hearing about at the hospital though...
4. Two sports bras and One nursing bra
5. Two tanks with built in bras
6. Toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hair ties, toothpaste, toothbrush, hair spray, mousse, face wipes, Q-tips
7. Tennis ball: to relieve back pain while in labor

This is probably another bag with way too much, but again, all this fits in one overnight duffel bag.

Last minute items and non-bag items?
1. Phones and chargers
2. Camera and charger
3. Ipod
4. Make-up bag and brush
5. Snacks
6. Kindle, books, magazine
7. Pillow: I want mine :)
8. Car seat with bundle me and blanket
9. Boppy
10. Feed cats: gotta take care of our fur babies, too
List is on our fridge.


Everything is sitting in the nursery. I'm not putting it by the front door because I don't think we will be sprinting out. Also, our cats would have a field day with all that stuff on the floor.

This is a picture of all the loot!
Can't even take a picture without those curious kitties. :)

We shall see if I packed enough, too much, necessary and/or unnecessary things. We only live 10 minutes away from the hospital, so I'm not worried if we forgot something. I'm trying to stay in a "go with the flow" mentality. Trying is the key word. I am fighting the urge to look in the diaper bag and our bag multiple times a day to make sure we have everything.



2 comments: