Monday, March 30, 2015

Bump Brief #21

Bump Brief #21: 28 weeks




How far along? 28 weeks, baby is the size of an eggplant or butternut squash.

Total weight gain/loss: 156 today, +9lbs! Gained 2lbs this week instead of my average 1lb I had going on. 
Stretch marks? Nope. My stomach itches and my boobs itch, but no new stretch marks, thank goodness! 
Sleep: Not a great week for sleep. Nate was sick with a bad cough so he was up all night for 2 nights and if the coughing didn't wake him up on the other nights, I woke up hearing it on the monitor. Poor little guy. Took him to the doctor and he said he was fine, but the cough would linger for another week or so. Good times. We also went cabin camping for a night and that sleep wasn't great. Nate did AWESOME, which I thought it would be the opposite. It was me. Couldn't get comfortable and I had to pee. Walking in the middle of the night and risking waking up Nate was not going to happen. 
Best moment this week: Camping! Even though I didn't sleep well, we had a blast! We had a tiny little cabin with a full size bed and a bunk bed. It had a porch, picnic table, and walking distance to the beach. 
Also, some random lady came up to me while I was wearing a bikini and said, "You look amazing". Um...THANK YOU, random stranger. I wanted to hug her. I think pregnancy is beautiful and natural, but you can't help but feeling huge and unattractive at times. Especially in a bikini,no make-up, building sandcastles, and have sand in places where it shouldn't be. 
Preggo Problems: 1. Getting up from a laying down position. I feel like a beached whale. 2. Heartburn. 3. Can't paint my toenails. 4. Can't shave. I may get a Brazilian!?
Movement: Stronger kicks and movement. Some actually hurt. Hopefully she is moving herself down down. 
Food cravings: Still sandwiches. Chicken sandwich, PB&J, Sourdough Jack, grilled cheese...
Interesting facts about baby (according to pregnancy app): 
1. Baby is busy dreaming, breathing, and coughing(probably got the cough from Nate...sharing germs already.) 
2. Baby has packed on enough fat that it is almost able to regulate its body temperature by itself.
3. 84 days until EDD!!
Gender: Girl!! And her name is.....

Labor Signs: Nope. 
Belly Button in or out? In-ish. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: The week was rough with a coughing toddler and lack of sleep. I will admit I let him watch way more TV than any child needs. He only likes one show, Tumbleleaf, and I'm pretty sure we watched the entire season. Not proud of that, but he needed to rest and so did I. As soon as we went camping, mood was great. It was nice to have a stay-cation. I was on my phone less. Used it only to take pictures and my tablet to read a book (The 5 Love Languages of Children). This week I have a midwife appoint along with my glucose test. Hooray!

I try to include Nate in my pictures. This was the first shot. Such real life. Oh, Nate... 

Here are 2 semi-normal pictures.


Hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment