Monday, March 2, 2015

Bump Brief #17

Bump Brief #17: 24 weeks


How far along? 24 weeks, baby is the size of a small cantaloupe! 6 MONTHS!!!
Total weight gain/loss: The pounds are packing on now. 150 as of this morning. +3lbs. Not sure if it is all the Oreos I ate or the baby. Probably a combination of both. 
Stretch marks? Nothing new. 
Sleep: Better this week. I forgot to mention last week the dreams nightmares I've been having. I've the same bad dreams where Nate is drowning and the baby girl is kidnapped. Different scenarios, different nights, but each time Nate is in water and someone is taking the baby. What the EFF!? Definitely don't sleep well on those nights. In the past 2 weeks, I've had that nightmare 4-5 times. Not cool. 
Best moment this week: We picked and finalized a name!! 
Miss Anything? Being able to bend over comfortably. I had a splinter this week which was a bitch to get out and shaving my legs is now a task. 
Movement: Moving more and more. Still mostly at night, but I can feel her in the daytime now. I think in the daytime I was doing stuff and not paying attention much to feel, but they are stronger now to feel while being busy. It feels like she is standing straight up and down...punching my ribs and stomping on the bladder at the same time. Think of Mario jumping up to punch a brick to get a coin. That's what it feels like. 
Food cravings: Sushi and strawberry milk. Not together. And no, I haven't had any. 
Interesting facts about baby (according to pregnancy app): 
1. Skin is turning more pink due to the appearance of capillaries.
2. Baby is about 1-1 1/2lbs!
3. Taste buds are forming.
Gender: Girl!! And her name is.....

Morgan means "sea". Emily means "to strive or excel". Emily is after a woman in my life that has been there for me since the day I was born. She is not blood related. She is just one of those people in this world that are truly selfless, generous, hardworking, kind, and the perfect "grandma". If our daughter can possess any of the qualities she has, she will be a wonderful girl. Thank you, Emi, for being my grandma.
 Emi and me as a baby

 Emi and Nate 

Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In, it might pop out this pregnancy though.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good! Getting out of my funk I was in last week. I am tired and slightly uncomfortable(my back hurts), but mood is MUCH better! Happy! 

Pictures this morning were in bed enjoying my morning coffee. Happy Monday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment