Monday, October 8, 2012

PA: Pumpkin Anonymous

Hi, my name is Jennifer, and I am addicted to pumpkin. Seriously. So serious I googled if there was a PA group: Pumpkin Anonymous. Nothing I found was a legit group, except a Pumpkin Lovers Anonymous Facebook page (yes, of course, I "liked" them). I don't think the goal is to stop the addiction in this group...it is to fuel it. Did you know there were pumpkin spice Hershey kisses!? NEED them!
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/PumpkinLoversAnonymous

As I drink my pumpkin spice coffee this morning, I am thinking about my mid-day snack...Pumpkin Pie Roasted almonds, which I made yesterday (recipe will come later, calm down my fellow pumpkin addicts) and I am thinking about dinner tonight. The hubster is making pumpkin chili. I know, just blew your mind, right!? I'll let you know if it is worth the time, effort, and taste in another post.

Some may be thinking, oh you're just pregnant and craving it...no big deal. But to be honest, I loved pumpkin flavored items before, so scratch that idea you theorists out there. I wait until Starbucks has pumpkin spice lattes and I can eat a whole pumpkin pie. By myself. In one sitting. And now that I really think about when my addiction started, I think my mom working at CoCo's is when it aaalllll began. CoCo's is a restaurant and bakery for those not knowing. Well at Thanksgiving/Fall/Halloween/Christmas time they make pumpkin pies and a Harvest Pie. OMG...I LOVE Harvest pie. It is pumpkin pie with a pumpkin chiffon layer on top.
My mom is coming the day after Thanksgiving to help out with lil' Nate Dogg so maybe she can bring me one, hmmm....

Anyhoo...yesterday, Sunday football was on, of course, and I wanted a snack. And yes you guessed it, a pumpkin snack. I searched on my other addiction (Pinterest) to see what I could make happen. As soon as I saw the title and that you only needed about 5 ingredients it was meant to be. Here is the link to the original recipe...
http://kneadtocook.com/?p=2151

She used 2lbs of almonds and I only had 1 on hand, so I just halved the recipe.


 
The ingredients: almonds (1 lb), pumpkin pie spice (2 tsp), cinnamon (2 tsp), vanilla extract (1/2 tsp), and honey (3 TBSP). It's a little more than half, but it needed more spice than called for, in my opinion and the hubsters. She also called for sea salt, but I didn't have any.
 
Preheat oven to 325' and line cookie sheet with wax paper.
Next, mix all ingredients in a bowl and make sure all almonds are coated. After coated, spread evenly on cookie sheet.
 
 
 
Bake for 18-20 minutes, then let cool. Easy peasy, pumpkin pleasy. Eh, my made up saying doesn't quite work as well as lemon squeezy. Just go with it.
 
 
This was only about half, I just wanted a cute presentation for the picture. After they cooled, I put them in a mason jar. They are a pretty good snack and healthy! They would make great gifts for people this holiday season and you could also try to make it with pecans, walnuts, or make a mixture.
 
Time to finish my pumpkin coffee and search for the next pumpkin recipe! Have a wonderful Columbus Day and in honor of good of Christopher...go out and discover something! :)
 
 
 


 
 

 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment