This is a Halloween Candy Buy Back!! Here is the link with all the information:
Here is how it works (taken from the website to give you a quick idea)
How does the program work?
- Participating dentists "buy" back kids' Halloween candy at a scheduled event
- "Buy" with cash, coupons, toothbrushes, creative exchanges - They can partner with local businesses to give away coupons for food, services, goods, etc. They can give away the Hygiene Kits, they can set up an Opportunity Prize--each kid gets a ticket per pound of candy for an opportunity drawing to win special prizes, etc.
- Dentists send the candy to Operation Gratitude or other Military support groups
- Operation Gratitude sends the candy to U.S. Military deployed in harm's way
- To find a dental practice in your area, use the zip code "look-up" feature to see if there is a dental office participating close by. SUGGESTION: Call the practice before driving over with your Halloween candy as many have concluded their buyback event and are no longer accepting candy.
If you support our troops, have a deployed service member, this may be for you.
If you are a dentist, this may be for you.
I heard about this program from a Facebook group I am apart of and I am not getting anything out of posting this from Halloween Candy Buy Back. I just thought it was a cool thing to check out. Some parents are letting their kids trade in their candy for a toy, for example. I know I don't want my son eating buckets of candy and it gives you a chance to teach about dental hygiene, as well as, giving back.