Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Candy Buy Back

This is such a neat-o idea! I swear, people amaze me with how smart they can be sometimes. Makes me a little sad I don't come up with cool ideas like this. What is "this"?

This is a Halloween Candy Buy Back!! Here is the link with all the information:
http://www.halloweencandybuyback.com/index.html

Here is how it works (taken from the website to give you a quick idea)

How does the program work?
  • Participating dentists "buy" back kids' Halloween candy at a scheduled event
  • "Buy" with cash, coupons, toothbrushes, creative exchanges - They can partner with local businesses to give away coupons for food, services, goods, etc. They can give away the Hygiene Kits, they can set up an Opportunity Prize--each kid gets a ticket per pound of candy for an opportunity drawing to win special prizes, etc.
  • Dentists send the candy to Operation Gratitude or other Military support groups
  • Operation Gratitude sends the candy to U.S. Military deployed in harm's way
  • To find a dental practice in your area, use the zip code "look-up" feature to see if there is a dental office participating close by. SUGGESTION: Call the practice before driving over with your Halloween candy as many have concluded their buyback event and are no longer accepting candy.
If you don't want your kids having a massive amount of candy and cavities, this may be the program for you.

If you support our troops, have a deployed service member, this may be for you.

If you are a dentist, this may be for you.

I heard about this program from a Facebook group I am apart of and I am not getting anything out of posting this from Halloween Candy Buy Back. I just thought it was a cool thing to check out. Some parents are letting their kids trade in their candy for a toy, for example. I know I don't want my son eating buckets of candy and it gives you a chance to teach about dental hygiene, as well as, giving back.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment