Sunday, February 1, 2015

HAPPY FEBRUARY!

February 1st, Superbowl Sunday, and a gorgeous day!! It's only 2 weeks away until Valentine's Day, and I'm already planning what to do. I LOVE all the cutesy, hearts, pinks, blah blah, and I love sweets. I actually try not to put a lot of thought into this holiday because I don't like the way it is overrated and the high expectations it gives to everyone. Everyday should be a day to celebrate love!

I still put effort into it though, I just can't help it. I am a sucker for cute things, especially since becoming a mom. There are so many ways to show love to the people you care for. I can't spill the beans of what I have in store for the hubster because he reads my blog (trust me, it's nothing big). But I can share what I am doing with my toddler.

First, his gift. I struggled with this because there really is no point. He is so spoiled as it is and doesn't need anything else. I had decided I wasn't going to get him anything until I was browsing Wal-Mart and the sippy cup he uses was on sale and there was a tiny toddler baseball mitt! I couldn't resist. And it wasn't candy so I felt like that alone justified it more...? I spent a total of $5.

Second, his treat. Yes, he will get some sugar. Mom fail. Nate loves to watch me cook and do anything in the kitchen so we are going to make heart shaped cupcakes. We are just going to bake the cake in a 9X13, use a heart shaped cookie cutter, then frost. Easy peasy. He will be able to help me stir and frost the cupcakes then he will get ONE. My pregnant self will most likely eat the rest by myself. Don't judge me.

Third, his food throughout the day. I did a trial run for a lunch option and it turned out pretty cute! Grilled cheese, banana, plum, and craisens. I used the cookie cutter for the heart shaped sandwich and then just free-hand cut the fruit. It wasn't a ton of work, but I definitely could have used a mini cookie cutter to help speed up the process of cutting fruit hearts.
Some other toddler food options I was thinking about...
BREAKFAST: use a heart cookie cutter or cut by hand.
1. pancakes
2. french toast
3. sausage patties
4. fruit
5. baked oatmeal
5. muffins
LUNCH: heart shaped
1. pb&j
2. grilled cheese
3. cheese slices and deli meat
4. pizza hearts or pizza with heart pepperoni
5. pasta
TREATS/SNACKS:
1. jello
2. fruit
3. strawberry mini wheats
4. raisins or craisens
5. tomatoes

There are so many options! If you don't have a heart cookie cutter or think you can't hand cut, you can also get a muffin tin, put Valentine's day themed cupcake holders and fill up each one with a different food. It would be like a little Valentine's Day buffet!

Hope everyone has a wonderful first day of February and a great Superbowl Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment