Monday, January 19, 2015

Bump Brief #11

Bump Brief #11: 18 weeks

How far along? 18 weeks, baby is the size of a sweet potato!
Total weight gain/loss: Gained a pound this week. -4 and have a feeling the weight is going to start piling on... :/
Maternity clothes? Victoria's Secret yoga pants. Seriously. Preggers or not, they are the best. It's an addiction. Buy some; you won't regret it. This is coming from a cheap, frugal person. Spend the money if you wear yoga pants as often as I do.
https://www.victoriassecret.com/clothing/sexy-steals-yoga-styles/the-most-loved-yoga-legging?ProductID=223407&CatalogueType=OLS
Stretch marks? Nothing new. let's keep it that way, body. Ok, thanks.
Sleep: Good! I have been waking up less, once, maybe twice. I thought I was going to have a rough time since we transitioned Nate to a twin bed, but he has done fantastic so sleep is better than expected!
Best moment this week: Oh, I've had a great week Did some organizing of baby stuff, organized and purged some of Nate's stuff, cloth diapers are starting to arrive, went to the beach, went on a hike, and the house doesn't look like a tornado hit it. Mom winning! 
Miss Anything? My ability to lay on my back and stomach for long periods of time. It was tough to relax at the beach when I can't lay on my stomach and get nauseous and out of breath if I lay on my back to long. 
Movement: There are moments when I think I feel something, poke the crap out of my stomach and nothing. She(?) is either calm, shy, and being stubborn.
Food cravings: Dr. pepper, blackberries, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, pickles, Cheetos Puffs, any cold fruit, McDonald's fries. This is why I think the weight is going to start multiplying.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I had one puking incident after breakfast this week. Tried to be healthy and eat eggs scrambled with spinach. So much for that. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes. I took comparison pictures this week to see the difference of bare belly and a tank top.  
Gender: Girl!!! Confirming on February 9th!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: No complaints! Energy is on and off depending on how much I do during the day. Overall, I feel pretty damn good. 

Here are my comparison pictures and then one of Nate and I on a hike. He walked most of the time, but I also wore him in my Tula. If you babywear or not, most people ask if it is comfortable and/or safe to babywear while pregnant. Yes and yes. I will link some articles if you are interested in that.

My view...

 Side view...

Front view...

Babywearing while pregnant. I am wearing a Tula, which is a Soft-Structured Carrier(SSC). It is ok to wear the strap above or below the bump, whatever is more comfortable for you. I am still fairly small so I can still front carry fine, but as I get bigger, back carries will be the best for me. You can also babywear in a woven wrap, ring sling, or Mei tai. The links will be under this picture if you want to read more about babywearing while pregnant.

Babywearing while pregnant links:


No comments:

Post a Comment