Saturday, December 1, 2012

Major Baby Meltdown

Nathan had his first meltdown, bloody murder screaming session last night. From 11:30-2 he was literally screaming at the top of his lungs. Wouldn't eat, dry diaper, burped, swaddled. Everything should have been fine and he should have been off to sleepy land. Not in his agenda.

Jason had one thing that worked: rocking him up to the sky then down really low...and fast. He would start to drift off, Jason would put him in the bassinet then the cycle would continue. I rocked him after Jason's arms got tired and he needed to take a shower. Nate finally fell asleep at 2am, but on my chest. After 3 hours, I threw in the towel. I needed the sleep and let him stay sleeping on me.

It was a long night, but it was the first night he has ever cried this much. He woke up smiley as if he knew what he had done. What a little booger! He is now back asleep and looks so peaceful. It was frustrating to not be able to soothe him, but I know sometimes he will just cry. It's VERY hard to not take it personal.

Good thing he is so cute. Hope everyone had a good night's rest so I can live vicariously through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment