Friday, December 7, 2012

The Little Things

Becoming a mom has been the biggest change my life has ever experienced thus far. It is almost an indescribable feeling. Just in these 3 1/2 very few weeks, my life, routine, and priorities have changed. The strange thing is it doesn't feel like a HUGE difference. It feels like he was meant to be here.

It's little things that have changed.

I can no longer shower when I want. I still shower, it just at a different time. No biggie.
I wake up every 1-3 hours to feed Nate. I woke up randomly throughout the night before. Now I just have to be up a little longer and have a baby attached to me. No biggie.
I have to make my food, coffee, etc. one-handed. Took some getting used to, but not huge deal.
I do A LOT more laundry. We chose to cloth diaper so I already had it in my head there would be more.
I love more than one man. Jason and Nate now have to share my love. Might be the biggest challenge.
I wear a burp rag. New accessory?
I can't go out as much. I still get out...just not as often. Gas saver!

All these little things take some adjustment time. They are all very small to me though and I wouldn't trade it...well maybe a little more sleep. It's the little things that can make or break us. They can add up to make a bigger issue. I've realized you need to acknowledge the changes, be aware of them, and just do your best. Don't worry so much about being perfect. If you embrace change it can end up changing you for the better. I do not want all the little changes have a negative impact on my life.

Isn't there a quote saying, "It's the little things that count"? Enjoy the little things in life.
My favorite little thing: Nate, of course! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment