Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday "Me-Day"

I had my first "me-day" today. I was out for 3 hours. I needed to return a couple of things and I went to get a mani-pedi. The returns were not so fun, but the mani-pedi was much needed. I even splurged on a Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks to enjoy as I was pampered.

It was very strange to be out for 3 hours when I used to go out and shop for 3 hours at a minimum. Oh, how the times have changed.

As I sat in my massage chair soaking my feet and being pampered, I still thought of what Jason and Nate were doing. The crazy part is I know exactly what they were doing. Watching football, Nate was sleeping, pooping, and eating, and some laundry was being done. Why when on my "me time" I still couldn't get my head off of my boys? I just love them so much and although I firmly believe everyone needs alone time, I couldn't help but miss them.

This is both a good and bad thing. It is obvious I love being with my 2 boys and miss them even when I am gone for a whole 180 minutes. On the other hand, can I really enjoy my "me time" when it isn't just me? I wonder if this will be a constant feeling?

Do other moms and wives think about their kids and hubby even when you need to be alone? It seems like such a contradiction.

Overall, I feel relaxed, my toes and fingers look great, and my hubby's football team won their game today. I am now back home and looking forward to steak fajitas with my little family.

Hope everyone is having a super Sunday, whether it is getting some alone time or spending it with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment