Sunday, May 12, 2013

1st Mother's Day

Today is a first for me. My first Mother's day. Technically, my little booger was growing in my belly last year, but today he is physically here. 

No, he can't say my mom. No, he can't wipe his own ass yet. No, he doesn't take a bottle or a pacifier well. No, he doesn't sleep through the night. He still has my heart. I wake up to his smiling face (most days). I get to cuddle with him and rock him to sleep. I get to clean him and feed him. I get to stay home with him and watch him change daily. He depends on me for so much, his life entirely to be exact. This is a huge responsibility and love I never knew until he was born. 


On my first Mother's day, I spent the day with my son and husband. And I should say, I couldn't be a mom without Jason (do I really need to explain this?) So, I thank my husband for giving me the opportunity to be a mom and always giving me compliments and reassurance that I am doing a job well done. Reassurance is one of the most important things as a mom. I am constantly questioning myself and knowing he thinks I'm doing a decent job helps the self conscious me. 

I also want to thank my mom. She has definitely set the bar high. She spoils me rotten. She supports me. She is proud of me. She is a great listener. She is caring. She is my mom. I get to see here a day after Mother's day, but she deserves celebration more than just one day a year. 

Most people think Mother's day is a day of pampering the moms in your life. In my day, a nap, an uninterrupted shower, and eating with both hands qualifies as pampering. It has been a great, relaxing first Mother's day. I hope all the moms out there had a very special day with whatever you consider as "pampering". Being a mom is the hardest job I have ever done. 

Happy Mother's Day!! 



3 comments: