Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Last Minute V-day Treat

Did you know Valentine's Day is tomorrow? It really sneaks up on ya, doesn't it? Jason and I don't really celebrate the holiday...a nice dinner and time together is enough for us. Flowers are too expensive and die too quick. We can't have sweets this month, so chocolate is out. I would LOVE to get some Tiffany's, but I don't wear jewelry that much anymore and it's overpriced. Man, I am seriously getting cheap in my old age.

Anyways...now that Nate is here, I have Valentine get-togethers with other mommas. I wanted to bring a treat. And I wanted it to be cute. And I wanted it to be bite-size. I made chocolate covered pretzels.

Here is what you need:
1. Pretzels. I used nuggets so they would be bite size.
2. Candy melts, red and pink
3. Wax paper
4. Sprinkles (optional)
**It costs $7 total and about 35 minutes of my time**
 Steps:
Step 1: Put candy melts in separate bowls. Heat in 30 second increments until melted completely.
*Melt one at a time so the other color doesn't harden.

Step 2: Dunk the pretzel in melted chocolate and place on wax paper. This will get a little messy. 


Step 3: Once all the pretzels you want are covered, melt the other color. 
*you choose how much of each color you want or just do them all one color.*
Step 4: Using a fork, go back and forth, drizzling over the dunks pretzels.
Here's what the drizzle will look like...

Step 5: Add sprinkles.
Step 6: Let chocolate set. Only takes about 10 minutes.
Here's the pink with red drizzle...


Step 7: Place in bowl, container, or package them up to give away!


I made them to take to a get together and then I set the packaged ones with Jason to his work. They are super cheap, super simple, and super festive. If you need to make some treats for tomorrow...there is still time!! Go, hurry!!

What do you like to do on Valentine's Day?

Oh...Nate says happy Valentine's Day and gives kisses!!



No comments:

Post a Comment