Monday, June 1, 2015

Bump Brief #29

Bump Brief #29: 37 weeks






How far along? 37 weeks, baby is the size of a birthing ball. Feels like it sometimes, but ultrasound tech says she is approximately 6 1/2lbs. Good size to me! 

Total weight gain/loss: 168 today. Up 2lbs from last week. Total weight gain is 21lbs so far. 
Stretch marks? No
Sleep:  Still not great. Mostly because I have to pee 3-4 times a night and my stomach is so heavy. I actually counted how long it takes to roll over from one side to the other. 5 Mississippi. Count to 5 Mississippi and that's how long it takes. A long time. Especially in the middle of the night. 
Best moment this week: Had my last ultrasound and made the final 3 appointments, the third being after my due date. Exciting! I usually book one appointment at a time, so booking the final 3 seems surreal. I also got a stork pass for closer parking at the hospital. The spots are always full, but still cool to have. 
Preggo Problems: 1. Braxton hicks contractions are extremely uncomfortable when I get them while driving. I have to lean in this weird position until it stops. She is still pretty high, so it hurts my ribs. 2. I feel hungry all day long. I will eat a meal, feel full, then feel hungry 30 minutes later. 
Movement: Yep. Movements feel less like karate chops and more like rolling, smoother movements. They are not as shocking, but still hurt since she is getting bigger. 
Food cravings: Anything I don't have to make myself? and...Subway. and...cereal.
Interesting facts about baby (according to pregnancy app): 
1. She is practicing inhaling, exhaling, sucking, and gripping.
2. She is now considered "full term".
3. 21 days until EDD! 3 more weeks!! 
Gender: Girl!! And her name is.....


Labor Signs: Just braxton hicks. Ultrasound tech says she is head down and the cyst has shifted more to the left, meaning, vaginal delivery is even more likely!! I have started trying a few "natural induction" methods. Will they work? Who knows. But I am trying them. Not because I am trying to rush her, but because we can't book our flights for our PCS without her here and without a birth certificate. Because I want as much healing time before a 13 hour trip on a plane. Because I want her to be as old as possible on a flight. Because I'm excited. It's kinda frustrating when people are telling me not to rush her out. If we weren't in this situation, I wouldn't really give it a second thought. I know that even doing these methods are not going to work if she isn't ready. But I want to try. So if you think I am trying to rush her just because I am done with being pregnant, that is really not the case. Yes, I am uncomfortable, but the reasons behind me trying natural inductions are for other reasons. 
Anyways...here are a few natural induction methods I am trying:
1. Birthing ball
2. Raspberry leaf tea

3. Sex
4. Essential oils, specifically Clary Calm from DoTerra.
5. Nipple stimulation
I looked up castor oil and evening primrose oil. EPO is a no-go for me after some research Jason found. Castor oil is up in the air, but not likely going to use it. 
Belly Button in or out? Out. Way out. 

Wedding rings on or off? Off. Just a fake one.
Mood: Right this second? Fantastic. Nate is napping, I just ate lunch, Jason is home and off work until we move, and went to a pool with some friends today. 
Besides my awesome morning and afternoon, tired and overwhelmed with PCS stuff. Movers come in 2 days, so trying to get last minute things organized and ready. Once they leave on Friday, I think I lot of weight will be lifted. Literally and figuratively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment