Monday, June 8, 2015

Bump Brief #30

Bump Brief #30: 38 weeks




How far along? 38 weeks, baby is the size of a bowling ball. 
Total weight gain/loss: 168 last Monday, not sure of my weight today since the movers packed our scale. 
Stretch marks? No
Sleep:  Not going well. I am pretty exhausted by the end of the day and ca fall asleep fairly easy, but wake up multiple times during the night to pee, take tums, or to stretch my hips. 
Best moment this week: Going bowling and hiking Diamond Head! Bowling was strange, but it was so fun. Nate and his best friend had a blast. I knew I would struggle doing Diamond Head, but I am so glad I did it. It will most likely be my last hike and I wanted to push myself...and possibly this little girl out. My feet hurt a lot after. Jason was so sweet and gave me a foot massage after Nate went to bed. My hips hurt today, but hopefully it's because she is working her way down!
Preggo Problems: 1. Sleeping. If it's not one thing it's another. And the movers took our good bed. 2. Waiting. I know I still have 2 weeks and a lot can or can not happen in 2 weeks. But knowing she can come at any time really is exciting and making me anxious at the same time, especially when I am with Nate by myself. 3. Swollen feet. 
Movement: Oh yes, and she gets hiccups a lot. Movements by her don't hurt as much as Braxton hicks do. 
Food cravings: Cheeto puffs and Dr. Pepper. 
Interesting facts about baby (according to pregnancy app): 
1. She will definitely have hair, but we won't know the color until birth and it might change as she gets older.
2. Slowing shedding vernix caseosa, but some will still be present at birth.
3. 14 days until EDD! 2 more weeks!! 
Gender: Girl!! And her name is.....


Labor Signs: Still just a lot of Braxton hicks. There was a night this week I got a little scared and excited because I was woken up by 3 painful contractions, about 1 an hour. Then nothing. And nothing painful since then. So....we wait. Patiently and impatiently.  
Belly Button in or out? Out. Way out. 
Wedding rings on or off? Off. Just a fake one.
Mood: I go back and forth from being super excited to have two kids and seeing them both interact to being absolutely terrified. It changes all day everyday. I'm mostly excited. I can't to see what she looks like, even though I know she will look creepy just like Nate did. Of course I will think she is perfect, but let's be honest, newborns are kind of creepy looking. 

We are ready for her to arrive! 



No comments:

Post a Comment