Friday, September 21, 2012

Parenting Humor

My husband and I are not technically parents...yet. We have less than 2 months until Nathan arrives and I am getting more and more excited to become a mommy. Don't get me wrong; I am definitely scared of a lot of the unknowns that come with parenthood. I feel as if I'm not going to be a super paranoid mom, but we'll see when the little guy gets here how much I will be eating my words.

One thing I am almost certain about is humor. My husband is always making me laugh, even if it is about the smallest things. But sometimes the smallest things are the most important to laugh about. For example, I was telling the hubster I was nervous about working out again since the last two times I did not feel so hot. We were just discussing how much pregnancy changes a woman and he says, "Well, we are both pregnant." After I gave him a ridiculous look, he gave me these reasons on why he is "pregnant" too. 1. He has to sleep with his own blanket instead of sharing. 2. He has to eat the random "craving" foods I have in the house. I just started laughing. Yes, he was joking and he gave a couple other ridiculous, rated-R reasons I will not put in this post. It may not seem funny to others, but we got a kick out of it and that's all that matters.

Keeping humor within a relationship is crucial and I can only hope we can keep it going when Nathan joins the family. What got me thinking of the humor topic was a link a friend shared with me. Now, I will share it with you. It is parents who made a rap about parenting and it is hilarious. I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsw18k_parents-rap-about-maintaining-their-household_music

No comments:

Post a Comment